Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As an Associate Reporting Analyst, you’ll use your critical thinking and analytical skills to create client business reviews and perform ad-hoc analytics for Workers’ Comp division customers. You’ll support assigned reporting needs, client accounts’ and drive innovation and enhancement for established reports, and create new reporting solutions as needed. You’ll proactively identify data trends and issues, and support internal customers and data initiatives. We’ll also look to you to make solid recommendations based on your analyses, and provide explanations for reporting results and program trends.
You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Deliver client and internal analytics through monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting activities
- Support client relationship building, and overall project management of analytic deliverables
- Deliver analytic results and reporting products to Account Management and internal customers, and lead them through interpretation of the results
- Define, develop and refine methodologies, tools and templates to allow for the successful execution of analytic deliverables
- Support the ongoing development of the Informatics Group capabilities by sharing innovative approaches and solutions with the broader team
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation regarding analytic approaches, metric definitions, etc.
- Other Informatics group projects as directed by Informatics leadership
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare analytics
- 2+ years of experience in reporting and/or data management
- 1+ year of experience providing analytical support to account management teams
- 3+ years of experience in Worker’s Compensation field and/or pharmacy benefit management
- Proficiency with Excel, SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Galaxy Databases
- Experience with SAS
- Experience with Sagent
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SQL reports, analytics, project management, analytical, business analyst