to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including
yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the
industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start
doing your life's best work.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Performs routine or structured work with coding and database management
- Uses existing procedures and facts to solve routine problems or conduct routine analyses
- Support business operations
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance or direction
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or High School Diploma / GED with equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Computer Science
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Web Programming
- Basic SQL skills for reporting and database maintenance
- MVC Programming experience
- MS SQL Server Experience
- Knowledge of stored procedure creation and maintenance
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Care, software engineer, Java, SQL