Join Scholastic's technology team as an Associate Software Engineer or an Associate Systems Engineer, helping to build the next generation of Scholastic software and systems that reach teachers, students, and parents across the world. Scholastic is seeking candidates to develop, deliver, and manage the lifecycle of new and existing software applications or systems infrastructure. This candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of closely aligned business units to manage the full software development life cycle. Desirable candidates will have a strong desire to learn and solve intriguing business problems.
The candidate’s individual strength and skill set will determine whether the position is a Software Engineer (development) or Systems Engineer (infrastructure).
• Building, testing and deploying enhancements to existing software and infrastructure
• Working closely with domain teams on a variety of new and existing projects
• Ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security for all production deployments
• Participating actively in the Agile development process as part of a dynamic project team
• Administrating, monitoring and performance troubleshooting all facets of production systems
• Learning and practicing engineering best practices
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and basic networking concepts
• Understanding of Agile methodologies and industry standard software development lifecycle
• Experience using software development and testing tools
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Must have a strong sales performance record with success in multiple large sales ($250k+).
• Must be ambitious, courageous, strategic, energetic, goal oriented
• Education sales background preferred
• Government sales background preferred
• International business/sales experience preferred
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience with relational or NoSQL data platforms like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
• Knowledge of version control systems and workflow (Git)
• Understanding of service oriented architecture concepts
• Linux system administration experience (Redhat, CentOS)
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts
• Understanding of HTML, CSS, Angular
• Familiarity with container platforms (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Familiarity with orchestration / configuration management tools (Cloudformation, Terraform)
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.