We’re looking for a storyteller with the ability to write and edit content for retail and online consumer tax products for clarity, usability, and inspiration. You’ll collaborate with the content strategy team, experience design teams, website development team, IT, and product management to innovate and elevate the customer experience across H&R Block’s suite of tax prep products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to and follow standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, sun-setting, and repurposing.
- Maintain, update, and apply tone to website, retail, software, online, and mobile help using authoring and editing tools in both Mac and PC environments with training provided.
- Serve as content liaison between the software development team and content strategy team, bringing issues to the forefront and suggesting opportunities for improvement.
- Validate end-user documentation for consistency with product functionality.
- Participate in a review cycle, providing regular updates to the content strategy team.
- Provide project status reports.
- BA in journalism, English, copywriting or marketing communications or a combination of education and related work experience with outstanding writing skills.
- One year of writing and editing experience in a school or professional setting.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- One to two years’ experience grasping technical concepts/procedures and translating them for end users with varying levels of expertise; effectively communicating and interacting with members of a cross-functional team working in a collaborative writing environment, adhering to standards.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and embrace change.
- MA in English, journalism, or creative writing or equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience with outstanding writing skills.
- Experience using content management systems.
- Experience using InVision, Sketch, Vignette, OpenText, or Jira.