DescriptionThe Associate VP, Financial Planning & Analysis analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Associate VP, Financial Planning & Analysis requires a in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across segments and/or enterprise-wide.
The Associate VP, Financial Planning & Analysis collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. Mya involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Decisions are typically related to intradepartmental coordination, development and implementation of strategic plans, and business outcomes, and develops and implements strategic plans for the scope of management that are aligned with the Segment or Business strategy.
- Financial Forecasting – Development of monthly FY forecast for MA Individual, including detailed analysis of BvA aligned with business operations. Identification of key opportunities to influence FY results. Drive business outcomes via leadership of intradepartmental teams to execute on opportunities.
- Bid Contingency Tracking – Development of monthly tracking of bid contingency, connecting FY forecast to next year pricing. Escalation of issues to senior leadership, including MT. Development of business plans to mitigate issues to ensure out year budgets will align to long term plan margin targets.
- LTP – Development of LTP for all non-Medicaid Retail LOBs. Work across departments to generate consensus on membership growth, margin and admin. Develop analytics that inform ability to hit LTP margin & growth goals and communicate any risks to Retail & Finance leadership.
- Bid Targets – Development of bid targets, including strategy on how to achieve targets if gap exists, and roadmap on how to mitigate bid margin test requirements. Define key bid assumptions and develop process to hold regions accountable to remaining within these guidelines. Define key test & learn strategies in bids and develop plan to measure financial impact of test & learn pilots.
- Admin – Develop budget for Retail segment ($3.3B). Proactively identify opportunities to drive efficacies via staffing model analysis and establishment of productivity metrics. Work across finance to define long term productivity targets and improve allocation methodologies.
- Market Performance Management – Define standard regional CFO toolkit, align on roles between regional CFOs, controller function & Medicare Finance. Key participant in market visits, sharing best practice across regions and also back to corporate. Drive opportunities at market level via identification of gaps.
- CPA, Actuarial Certification, or MBA with concentration in Finance or Analytics
- 7 - 10 years of experience in Finance, Actuary, and/or Medicare
- Proven leadership skills
- Executive presence
- Experience with Medicare Bid process (desirable)
- Expertise in Medicare
- Strong financial background
Scheduled Weekly Hours40