Req #: 84560
Location Name: Home Office, Columbus
Department: Supply Chain
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we've been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
The Assortment Planner collaborates with the merchant to deliver and manage a localized assortment that supports the merchant vision. The Assortment Planner understands the merchant intent for assortment of merchandise, buy size profile, rate of sale and localization selections. The Assortment Planner owns, creates and re-forecasts key item plans. An Assortment Planner reports to an Assortment Planning Manager or Director of Assortment Planning. No direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
- Plan and own key item level, weekly plans. Reforecast on a monthly basis and drive strategy with merchant and merchandise planner.
- Define range for sales, inventory and space parameters that aligns to the overall strategic, financial and space targets.
- Utilizes AP data/forecast and other supporting analysis to make sales, receipts and markdown recommendations.
- Evaluate the generated sales and receipt plan by week for the individual CCs for the phase being planned; reviews the metrics for each CC and makes necessary changes.
- Utilize the methodology of inventory management to manage the Open to Buy; considers the promotional calendar and its impact on the key style plan.
- Perform exception based reconciliations to ensure the assortment plan fits the merchant intent and merchandise strategy for the assigned category.
- Review the details of the purchase orders and makes adjustments to ensure optimal configuration for case packs to meet vendor constraints, maximize sales opportunities, and minimize markdowns.
- Make use of aggregate information from multiple sources, identifies recommendations and presents to the appropriate audience.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Planning, Allocation, Buying or financial analysis role, or combination of planning and merchant experience.
- Advanced PC skills with knowledge of JDA Enterprise Planning, Excel and reporting tools (PA, Business Objects.)
- Experience with Arthur Planning systems a plus.
- Strong financial acumen and statistical/analytical skills, including data retrieval, organization and presentation and summary.
- Prioritizes effectively and adjusts easily to changing demands; demonstrates strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on delivery of financial concepts.
- Ability to identify best practices/efficiencies/automations and communicates them to benefit the entire assortment planning group.
- Demonstrates curiosity and initiative to proactively seek information that will impact decisions and communicates them to the appropriate cross functional partners.
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any protected class including race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (defined as genetic information or impairments related to cancer), ancestry, marital status, family care leave, military and veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or based on any protected category under federal, state, or local laws. DSW also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and associates with disabilities unless doing so creates an undue hardship, in accordance with all legal requirements. Any applicant or associate who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should contact Human Resources request that accommodation.