BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ASSISTANT MANAGER OPERATIONS
Assistant Manager Operations is responsible for managing the operational areas of the club including receiving, front end operations, loss prevention, personnel, cash office and maintenance, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to shrink, monthly self-audit, expense control, human resources, labor scheduling, payroll, cash control, and inventory control. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Club’s building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are properly maintained and in working order
- Managing the Club budget to achieve the Club’s Planned Profit
- Selecting, training, developing, assigning work, monitoring and evaluating performance of the management team and other Team Members as assigned
- Developing Team Members and Managers for internal growth
- Ensuring all fresh standards are achieved in sales, shrink and salvage
- Ensuring all safety, sanitation and Members First programs are in place
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school education required, college diploma preferred
- Knowledge of club operations, receiving, merchandise, loss prevention, maintenance, front end, personnel and cash office procedures
- 3 + years in a retail supervisory role
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.