BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ASSISTANT MANAGER PERISHABLES
Responsible for maintaining and/or managing a perishables department within a club, including deli, bakery, meat, dairy, and produce. Monitors and turns inventory to minimize waste and maximize sales in area(s) of responsibility. Provides excellent customer service to club members through product knowledge and experience. Manages the day-to-day operations of the meat, bakery, deli, and produce departments, including forecasting product needs, ordering, pricing and coding products, fulfilling member orders, maintaining proper inventory levels, maintaining merchandise displays, and ordering supplies and equipment. Maintains compliance with all company policies and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation, merchandising, and food quality.
- Supervises, develops, and trains Team Members. Assigns work and evaluates performance of meat, bakery, and produce department personnel.
- Assists in the efficient staging, stocking, and storage of merchandise and maximizes sales through customer service leadership.
- Corrects and reports any unsafe conditions that could cause injury to any Team Members or Club Members. Records and reports all accidents in accordance with BJ’s policies and procedures.
- Monitors shrink to ensure that appropriate inventory levels are maintained throughout the perishables departments. Coaches associates to recognize and prevent internal and external losses.
- Follows all local, state, and national food safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures aisle conditions, merchandise presentations, and food cases are clean and maintained.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience and/or grocery store/warehouse club experience preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- May require certification.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.