Department:OH1PV_54887_000 Mcmg Sports Medicine-Delaware
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Athletic Trainer assists the physician and/or physical therapist in the treatment of patients including the design and implementation of strength, conditioning, rehabilitation (particularly, sports-specific) and educational programs. They may be involved in the provision of contract athletic training services to area high schools and responsible to provide athletic training services for local sporting events. Additionally, the athletic trainer will provide medical assistant duties to the physician and sports medicine physician clinics. The individual in this position performs a wide variety of duties requiring specific knowledge of the clinic’s policies and procedures. The Athletic Trainer is expected to meet the clinic’s professional, clinical, technical, communication and documentation requirements and standards and to make decisions based on established guidelines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in athletic training
- Active Ohio license, National Athletic Training Association (NATA) Certification
- Three to five years experience preferred as an athletic trainer with experience working with sport teams strongly desired
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications skills for interactions with peers, patients, physicians, high school personnel (Athletic Director, coaches, athletes) and parents.
- Demonstrates clinical decision making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation
- Utilizes appropriate, sound and up-to-date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
- Provides patient and community education in the areas of sports injury prevention and care.
- Assists the physicians and/or physical therapists in the treatment of patients with sports or orthopedic conditions referred for rehabilitation. The physical therapist will evaluate the patient, set goals and monitor progress. The athletic trainer will assist with the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Works with clinic staff to develop and implement the outreach program.
- Designs and implements functional rehabilitation programs to return athletes to activity in conjunction with physical therapists and other health professionals.
- Designs and implements strengthening and conditioning programs in conjunction with the exercise physiologist. Ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports
- Develops and cultivates contacts with referring physicians, businesses, schools, coaches and other referral sources
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
“Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.”
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.