At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
When you look at your career, you want to know that you’re making a difference. You want to go home every day proud of what you’ve done. At Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS), we’re with you! WFAS is a provider of independent, objective and advisory services delivered through a highly professional and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit makes significant contributions to protecting the value of Wells Fargo’s corporate assets.
The Shared Services Audit Team (SSAT), led by an Executive Audit Director (EAD), facilitates a centralized, internal service provider model for supporting audit work across WFAS. SSAT is comprised of three dynamic teams; Centralized Data Innovation & Analytics team, a Cross-Functional Enhanced Review Group, and a combined international team located in India.
The Data Innovation & Analytics (DI&A) team creates lasting value and increases efficiency for WFAS audit teams. These teams include Consumer Banking Audit Team (CBAT), Conduct & Sales Practices (CSP), Capital & Model Risk Management (CMRM), Corporate Risk (CR), Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG), Finance and Corporate Activities (FCA), Financial Crimes Audit Team (FiCAT), Wholesale Banking (WHLS) and Wealth & Investment Management (WIM).
The DI &A team has an opening for an Analytics Leader 2. The Analytics Leader 2 will develop expertise in navigating the extensive production and analytical data environments within Wells Fargo and apply that expertise to provide value-added data analysis solutions to the various audit teams. We are looking for a candidate with significant data analytics, audit, or risk management experience with the proven ability to utilize data analysis methodologies and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit process. This includes partnering with internal auditors to identify opportunities to utilize data analysis in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Navigating within technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Effectively documenting the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Training and mentoring audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partnering with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
- 4+ years of analytics experience, audit experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Audit experience at a large financial institution
- SQL or SAS experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Computer Science (B.A.) [Concentration in Financial Services Informatics, AI, Robotics, Data Science, Software, Systems]
- Management Information Systems [Concentration in Management Information Systems; Business Intelligence and Analytics; Systems Analysis]
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Certifications in analytics space:
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate (university specific)
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics.
- SQL, SAS, or ACL programming experience including automation solutions of medium to high technical complexity.
- Experience building data visualization and/or reporting solutions through Tableau or similar BI tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses.
Proficiency with other software and/or programming languages and tools (Visual Basic, Oracle SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.)Job Expectations
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.