At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services is seeking a talented individual to fill an Audit Manager position on our Capital & Model Risk Management (CMRM) Audit Team. This individual will have lead coverage and oversight responsibilities of Capital Adequacy for Credit Risk. The ideal candidate will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of supervisory guidance and governance processes within Wells Fargo.
A strong CMRM Audit Manager candidate will demonstrate professionalism and organizational savvy during regular contact with key stakeholders including executive management, regulators, peers and professional organizations. As an Audit Manager, you will play an important and dynamic role in building and maintaining a high-performing team, connecting with our business partners, and executing the audit plan. You will monitor the business to identify key emerging risks and will support team member development and engagement.
Key functions of this position include the following:
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in the areas of Credit Risk, Basel, and/or CCAR/DFAST stress testing.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills and the ability to assess risks and controls.
- Exhibit strong critical judgment regarding issue notification and escalation of issues to business partners and executive management.
- Work in a very dynamic, demanding, fast-paced environment and respond appropriately to rapid change sometimes based on imperfect information.
- Identify and manage effective risk-based audit coverage for model risk management activities.
- Manage a high performing geographically dispersed team of 1-3 individuals, while providing effective coaching and team member development.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to go above and beyond expectations.
- Drive for superior results and quality.
- Evaluate and provide creative solutions for complex problems.
- Maintain a "no surprises" environment with business partners, peers and WFAS management by fostering an environment of open communication.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of Retail Credit Risk
- Experience in the areas of Basel, and/or CCAR/DFAST stress testing
- Demonstrated experience leading and enthusiastically motivating 1-3 individuals across the country to complete key audit deliverables timely with superior quality
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.