At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for Audit Manager on the Wholesale Banking Audit team. This position will primarily cover the Market and Counterparty Risk across Wells Fargo; including, Investment Banking, Prime Brokerage, Securities and Derivatives Trading, Asset Backed Finance, and Investment Portfolio, and will also support the broader wholesale coverage model. The Audit Manager position will require an understanding of capital market activities and how they relate to Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk management within Wells Fargo.
Comprised of approximately 170 team members, the Wholesale audit team provides coverage of a range of wholesale banking and corporate activities. Wholesale Banking consists of multiple business lines organized to serve middle-market, corporate and institutional businesses nationwide, and financial institutions worldwide. Wholesale’s products and services include treasury management, commercial lending, commercial real estate, asset-based lending, equipment finance, insurance, foreign exchange, trade services, correspondent banking, corporate trust, investment banking, capital markets, asset management, and international.
This Audit Manager position will support the Senior Audit Manager responsible for coverage of Market and Counterparty Risk, with strong connectivity to Capital Markets. They will be responsible for supervising projects required to execute a successful multi-year audit coverage strategy. To achieve this, they maintain a strong understanding of the business’ historical, current and future operations, including the diverse set of associated risks and control structures. This Audit Manager must also have a solid understanding of current events and emerging risks within the capital markets industry. Additionally, this position will be expected to ensure audit coverage within the various capital markets businesses is comprehensive and liaison with the Senior Audit Manager to ensure scope is aligned with regulatory focus areas such as SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRB, NFA, etc.
The Audit Manager plays a critical role on the team and is responsible for providing coaching, guidance, and mentoring to a diverse virtual team, including experienced auditors at various levels and recent college graduates and interns. Their leadership will require providing on the job coaching, managing role assignments, and delivering relevant feedback that increases team members’ proficiency and prepares them for future growth. Audit Manager execute on coverage strategies, lead key activities such as auditee/business partner meetings and communications, review and approve audit scope, manage deadlines, review and approve documentation ensuring it is robust and comprehensive, support any escalation of issues and review and approve final reports. This requires strong critical thinking, good project management, and effective communication skills. These responsibilities will apply to multiple concurrent engagements.
Audit Managers are also responsible for numerous ad-hoc projects throughout the year. This may include preparing presentations for company executives. It will also include internal initiatives to help strengthen teir team and the overall department. While most requests will come from the senior management team, they are also expected to proactively identify opportunities on their own.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Recent career progression in audit from testing to auditor-in-charge, to audit supervisor role or comparable progression in risk management or related fields
- Experience with Capital Markets businesses and related risk functions, specifically related to Market and Counterparty Risk Management
- Knowledge of banking or investment regulatory framework (SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRB, NFA, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.