At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for an Audit Manager on the Financial Crimes Audit team (FiCAT). FiCAT is responsible for providing independent testing of Wells Fargo’s BSA/AML/Sanctions program at the Corporate and line of business level, horizontally across Wells Fargo. FiCAT also provides audit coverage of Wells Fargo’s fraud risk management programs. This position will serve as a subject matter specialist covering the BSA/AML/Sanctions Compliance/Regulatory environment as well as fraud risk management programs across Wells Fargo. We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate expertise on BSA/AML/Sanctions regulations. Experience in other lines of business, and broader familiarity of the finance and banking industry is also desired.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple lines of business within Wells Fargo’s FiCAT team. The team member may assist in the design of audit coverage and supervision of audit engagements. The team member must be flexible by participating in many different projects simultaneously while also engaging in emerging risk assessment and business monitoring. Other responsibilities include the following:
The Audit Manager:
- Supervises or oversees multiple concurrent projects
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and designs audit coverage across an auditable activity with limited guidance
- Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification;
- Communicates findings to internal client (business partner) management
- Drafts and communicates final audit report and is able to interact effectively with senior management
- Coaches and mentors auditors-in-charge and other staff regarding required knowledge and skills.
Audit Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
They also may execute limited managerial duties under the direction and oversight of the Senior Audit Manager.
Audit Managers are able to:
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex problems
- Demonstrate professional skepticism
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner to all levels of management
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions and,
- Escalate significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management
- Effectively coach and guide other team members through the audit process
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 4+ years in audit with exposure to, Regulatory Compliance, specifically, BSA/AML/Sanctions regulations
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity.
- Consistent success in supervising and leading project teams in performing audits.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Recognizes success is dependent upon continual development of team members.
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.