At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Audit Services is separated into individual audit teams, each led by an Executive Audit Director (EAD). These teams include Capital & Model Risk Management (CMRM), Consumer Banking Audit Team (CBAT), Corporate Risk (CR), Conduct and Sales Practices (CSP), Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG), Finance & Corporate Activities (FCA), Financial Crimes Audit Team (FiCAT), Shared Services Audit Team (SSAT), Strategy & Operations (SAOG), Wealth and Investment Management (WIM), and Wholesale Banking (WHLS).
We offer traditional audit roles on our various line of business teams and non-traditional roles that support teams through audit professional practices, coverage coordination, subject matter expertise, and methodology change groups. While audit skills are a primary need, teams also seek potential candidates who can demonstrate subject matter knowledge of Regulatory Compliance including BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit functions, stress testing, model risk, and Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
The Audit Manager supervises integrated audit projects as directed by senior management generally for multiple projects or audit engagements and may also participate in audits generally as subject matter expert in a consulting capacity.
The Audit Manager:
- Supervises or oversees multiple concurrent projects
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and designs audit coverage across an auditable activity with limited guidance
- Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification;
- Communicates findings to internal client (business partner) management
- Drafts and communicates final audit report and is able to interact effectively with senior management
- Coaches and mentors auditors-in-charge and other staff regarding required knowledge and skills.
Audit Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
They also may execute limited managerial duties under the direction and oversight of the Senior Audit Manager.
Audit Managers are able to:
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex problems
- Demonstrate professional skepticism
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner to all levels of management
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions and,
- Escalate significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management
- Effectively coach and guide other team members through the audit process
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Certification in CIA
- Specialization in areas such as Regulatory Compliance including BSA/AML, Basel, operational risk, data analytics, credit functions, stress testing, model risk, and Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.