Right now, we are looking for an Auto Appraiser-Desk Review Specialist to join our team! This individual will do an analysis of the provider's auto physical damage reports to determine its adequacy, completeness, and accuracy of parts and labor. It is a process of reviewing information pertaining to the auto physical damage report without detailed verification and is designed to identify problems warranting additional review and, where appropriate, to resolve some of those problems/exceptions. The objective of the desk review is to determine whether the auto physical damage report can be settled without a field appraisal and provide savings for the insurance partner.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Take an average of 15 or more original reviews and supplements per day.
- Call and negotiate repairs and pricing with body shops and adjusters to control severity.
- Work with key accounts, policyholders, and customer service representatives.
- Will record, track and monitor repairs utilizing our internal claims system.
- Utilize one or more estimating platforms.
- Maximize use of technology/resources to ensure high level of efficiency to compress claim life cycle time.
- Manages escalated calls as appropriate.
- Coordinates invoicing, payment, and reporting with appropriate team members.
- Provide support to other areas of operation as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years automotive appraisal, adjusting and or auto collision repair experience strongly preferred
- Ability to gather information and make decisions.
- Experience using Mitchell, Ultramate, CCC or Audatex strongly preferred.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of dependability.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.