DescriptionThe Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Less than 5 years of technical experience in data analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Expertise in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, SAS or other data systems
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques
- Ability to use data to drive business outcomes and decisions
Scheduled Weekly Hours40