Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As Subject matter expert in optimizing prescription throughput, the Automation Shift Lead spearheads efforts in identifying the root cause of automation failures through completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and by leading Automation Service techs in using the toolset within the fulfillment PLC system and related automation HMIs. Candidate will also take part in any assigned training or process improvement projects.
Lead up to 5 automation maintenance technicians in supporting and optimizing throughput through routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and process improvement strategies. Automation Shift Lead dispatches shift maintenance employees to reactive trouble calls and is held responsible for the completion of the daily/weekly planned maintenance for his shift. When necessary, as a working lead the Automation Shift Lead assists with any planned or unplanned maintenance. .
- Supervise and manage up to five Automation Maintenance Technicians
- Responsible for man-hour efficiency of shift through assisting and ensuring completion of planned and unplanned maintenance and ensuring strong automation presence is maintained in the fulfillment center.
- Uses advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills within the PLC to identify inefficiencies with automation.
- Perform equipment maintenance and repair as a working Lead
- Ensure relevant log entries are completed by self and shift within CMMS as well as ensuring hardcopy documentation of work is maintained in historical file to prepare for potential audits.
- Receive and/or gather information on maintenance/repair requests from internal and/or external stakeholders
- Check and/or oversee contractors' work to ensure quality and timely performance
- Responsible for the shift’s overall presentation and housekeeping standards of facilities
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and precision measuring equipment.
- Assists with maintaining accurate Maintenance Repair and Operational part and supply inventories by properly removing and accounting for parts removed from stock through properly recording their use in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship between Automation, Engineering, and IT in order to work in tandem to solve difficult technical issues.
- Responsible for professionally communicating technical and mechanical information to Operations and management regarding the root cause of conducted work when requested.
- Maintains and builds on technical knowledge by attending scheduled educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), and assist Reliability Improvement Teams as required; proactively increasing operational efficiency and readiness and reducing downtime.
- Prepares technical key performance indicator reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure Compliance with Relevant Regulations, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Partner with Facilities and Building Stakeholders
- Any other tasks assigned by management.
- Lead efforts to optimize equipment readiness through machine calibrations, planned, predictive, and reactive maintenance and the identification of electromechanical causes to exceptions through the analysis of data within the PLC toolset and Automation HMIs.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills within PLCs
- Works within established maintenance and inventory procedures
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Subject Matter Expert within the Automation Maintenance and Service groups.
- Responsible for the training of junior personnel on the shift to include subjects such as: APS automation, HMI and PLC systems, fabrication (mill and lathe), welding, and conveyor design and installation.
- Responsible for the shift man-hour efficiency through the assignment and completion of all planned and unplanned maintenance to fulfillment center equipment and ensuring automation presence is maintained in the fulfillment center throughout the shift.
- Responsible for ensuring shift personnel have properly recorded completed work and any parts used within the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Assists shift personnel in finding solutions to complex problems, and proactively identifies new solutions to problems.
- Dispatches shift personnel to trouble calls throughout the day should any equipment breakdown or malfunction, assisting on the floor when necessary.
- Takes part or leads project teams spanning more than own function.
- Associate's Degree (of higher) with emphasis in IT, PLCs, Industrial Maintenance, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with maintenance troubleshooting using PLC tool and data sets
- 5+ years of electromechanical maintenance experience within industrial, manufacturing, or automated fulfillment center industries
- Experience with diagnosing probable maintenance failures using toolsets within PLCs and Key Performance Indicators within CMMS
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing motors, electronics, automated controls, and robotic equipment
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volt industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and trouble-shooting with multimeter
- Experienced in the use of rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Must be able to troubleshoot electromechanical issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnosis, calibration, maintenance/ repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Strong understanding of mechanical equipment (motors, gears, belts, couplings), robotics, pneumatics systems (air compressors, actuators), automation and electronic control
- Strong background in safe work practices to include Lockout-Tagout procedures and NFPA 70e electrical safety requirement
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical blue prints
- Ability to work nights and weekends (3rd shift - 10:30 pm to 8:00 am)
- Four year degree (or higher) in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, or IT fields of study
- 2+ years of experience as lead, supervisor, manager
- Training in Mechanical or Electronic Systems such as: Automated Pharmacy System, ThinkDo Automation, TwinCat, Programmable Logic Controllers, Robotics, and/or Conveying System
- Further Vocational Technical training in mechanical or electronic systems
- Prior or Active SMRP membership
- Experience with operating mobile equipment
- Experience with Automated Conveyor Lines
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Automation Maintenance Tech, degree in Industrial Maintenance, automated manufacturing, 80 volt industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit, motor control circuits, Welding Certified, Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, LVL 1 Infrared Thermogrophy