$1500 Sign On Bonus*
Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic. Work on Ford E-Series Light Duty Cutaway Buses and help us maintain our fleet of 181 vehicles! We run an ASE Blue Seal Shop!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience + ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Second shift schedule 3pm-11:30pm Sunday-Thursday
- Room for growth
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
Automotive Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Automotive Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous direct automotive repair experience required
- Valid Driver's License
- ASE Certifications preferred
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*$250 after 90 days
$500 after 6 months
$750 after 1 year*