Are you an experienced ASE Certified Automotive Technician? Join the First Transit team!
3rd Shift Schedule (Sunday-Thursday, 11pm-7:30am)
NOW OFFERING: $2000.00 Sign on bonus*!
Service and repair gasoline cut-away style buses and sedans.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Hourly wages - $20.16 + ASE incentive
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Health and dental coverage
- 401k savings plan
- Uniforms provided
- Holidays and vacation allowance
- A great work environment
Automotive Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Automotive Technician job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid CDL license required
- 4 ASE Certifications required - Brakes, HVAC, Auto Transmissions, and Engine Performance & Diagnostics
- Capable of diagnosing and making effective repairs on fleet of gasoline cutaway style buses and sedans
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance inspections and services
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*bonus conditions apply