Join the First Transit team as Automotive Technician!
Our shop services a fleet of 250 Ford E-Series Vans. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $24-$28 per hour based on experience & certifications + ASE bonus money
- Room for growth and career advancement!
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Automotive Fleet Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Transmission repair experience.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Automotive Fleet Technician requirements:
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations any of automotive, diesel, or CNG fleet repair shop equipment.
- Minimum 1 year direct light duty automotive repair experience in a previous job.
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed (especially A5 & A7)
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.