When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Avella fill a unique and important role. Avella, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
The Laboratory Pharmacist will oversee the preparation of compounded products made in the 503B Outsourcing Laboratories. Research compounded formulas to ensure safety and proper preparation and enter or approve proprietary formulations into company shared database. Will act as a clinical compounding liaison for both sales and operations.
**** THIRD SHIFT SCHEDULE IS 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM *****
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verification of compounding medication accuracy based on ingredients, weights, and finished product.
- Service and satisfy professional's questions regarding compounded prescription needs. Support and service other company laboratories as requested.
- Communicate with professionals while protecting their confidential health and drug information
- Act as a professional resource for new product development and ensure compliance with all company procedures and federal and state laws, rules and regulations related to compounded medications
- Enter or approve new compound formulations in the company shared compounding software and ensure accuracy and stability of each formula
- Evaluate sterility, endotoxin and subvisible particle data prior to release of quarantined compounds
- Provide compounded products for clinical trials
- Compliance with FDA, BOP rules and regulations, cGMP, and labeling requirements for compounded products and products shipped from Outsourcing Facilities
- Assist with other laboratory pharmacist responsibilities as required
- Complete gowning training
- Complete in-house sterile compounding course
- Attend a sterile compounding course off-site within 6 months of in-house certification
- Complete and pass test for sterile compounding course upon training and then bi-annually thereafter
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD)
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist license in the State of Arizona
- Previous experience in compounding or hospital clean room
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical calculations and doses
- Preferred experience in an FDA regulated or pharmacy laboratory environment
- Have knowledge and ability to apply principles and practices involved in sterile product compounding
- Must have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Join us and use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. It's a chance to make an impact while doing your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.