Why Work Here?
"Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together."
Join the Perspecta Team!
We are currently seeking full-time Investigators to join Perspecta's risk decision group, which is the largest provider of background investigation services for the U.S. government in the federal, intelligence and civilian space.
We are currently
seeking full-time employee investigators in Fairfax, VA. Applicants must
reside within 15 miles from the city center of Fairfax, VA.
What's in it for YOU?
- The opportunity to work remotely from a home office.
- Full benefits that kick in after 30 days.
- Nine paid holidays per year plus two-weeks of paid vacation and six sick days.
- 401K match of 50% (up to 6% of employee contribution)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
What will you do in this role?
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. The predominant casework is in support of the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB). Casework for other contracts will be assigned based on investigator performance and business need.
Investigators will conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject and their neighbors, employers, friends, and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational and financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on an issued government computer system.
What types of individuals have been successful in this role?
People who have joined us as investigators include individuals from the following backgrounds: criminal justice, educators, law enforcement/police, criminal or fraud investigators, federal investigators, military/veterans and security professionals.
Any four-year degree qualifies or four years of work experience. Great opportunity for new college grads!
- Must reside within the stated mileage requirement. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. If you are outside of the mileage requirement listed, a cover letter must contain details on relocation
- Candidates with experience conducting NBIB or other federal background investigations preferred; if there are no applicants with NBIB experience, candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a bachelor's degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; otherwise candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable decision on a NBIB investigation, to include 10+ years of history comprising items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories