Christmas Tree Shops is growing and so is our need for more talented associates. We offer a distinctive, fast paced, and dynamic retail environment where you can truly make a difference AND have a very real opportunity to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, has a winning track record, and an even brighter future, your search is over - you have discovered Christmas Tree Shops!
The Backroom/Receiving Supervisor oversees and directs all activities that take place at the Receiving, Inventory Control , and Merchandise Processing functions. The Backroom/Receiving Supervisor assists the management team to ensure a high level of productivity which contributes to sales and business results.
• Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments
• Direct the receiving and unloading of store merchandise from third party vendors
• Direct stocking of merchandise on applicable store fixtures following established stocking standards and stocking plans
• Demonstrate advance knowledge of merchandise category, customer needs, and/or operational procedures
• Provide coaching and training to associates on team and throughout the store as needed
• Interview all prospective candidates within their department
• Manage associate’s performance, annual review and progression within job catalog
• Assign tasks and monitor schedule/breaks for the associates within their department
• Assist associates to provide increased service to customers in response to specific needs and requests
• Execute activities related to store initiatives (for example, efficiency procedures, safety procedures)
• Perform additional, sometimes specialized duties as required by business needs including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, fulfillment, receiving, resolution of damaged merchandise
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.