BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Packages, displays, rotates, and stores bakery products, including freshly baked and prepackaged goods. Prepares items to bake in accordance with bakery production charts. Provides assistance to Members. Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the bakery department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends bakery items. Answers Member calls and takes bakery orders.
- Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, cakes, and other items as needed. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer. Displays proper amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations.
- Prepares items to be baked based on bakery production charts using oven racks, trays, and/or other equipment. Operates and handles bakery equipment using proper work methods in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Receives, inspects, and stores bakery shipments. Rotates and stores bakery products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows salvage and stale product policies and procedures.
- Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food surfaces in the bakery, including ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
- Assists with baking and cake decorating as necessary.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Experience working in a bakery or customer service oriented environment preferred.
- Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about non hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.