About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.Position SummaryA Bakery Decorating Lead's first responsibility is for all bakery product preparation, food quality, merchandising, cake decorating, and customer service as well as food safety standards. The Bakery Decorating Lead is also be responsible for ongoing constant food education of associates and customers, continually working to increase profitability and promote the future growth of the Market District Bakery.Job Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Exhibits a love of food through words and actions.
Exhibits an enjoyment of people and the ability to approach and talk to customers about food.
- Receive food ingredients and supplies from the dry, frozen and packaging storage areas as required for daily operation.
Thoroughly understands ingredients and purpose of each ingredient used in manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Review production schedule to determine production requirements, including a variety and quantity of baked goods for cake decorating preparation.
Finishes and displays baked breads, rolls, muffins, pies, Danish, cakes, cookies, sweet dough, bagels, puff pastry, croissants, basic cakes.
- Replenishes service lines as necessary.
Prepare icings, custards, fillings for decorator production and counter finishing.
Ice and finish cakes to customer's requirements.
Delegate and follow up on decorators finishing cakes and bakery products within the department making sure the product meets Market District standards /and customer requirements are met on all orders.
- Complete period ending inventory, daily/weekly production sheets and other reports as required.
Maintain clean work area including utensils and equipment.
- Use and teach EATEC procedures to order product and track and monitor sales to drive the profitability of the business and maximize the product mix.
Attend to day to day issues and needs concerning equipment, bakery supplies.
Detect and ensure disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment and any other unusual conditions.
- Assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Attend and interact with employee/customer issues.
Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Maintains daily department conditions, cleanliness of display cases and sales floor, delegates a number of fixed activities.
Processes work assignment sheets and responsible for delegation and follow-up of tasks.
Breakdown and cleaning of all equipment.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years
- Solid understanding of the Bakery field Knowledge of Market District Customer Service Requirements Certificate in Cake Decorating from accredited program
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Lang Oven
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Conventional Oven
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor