About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.Position SummaryAn Artisan Bread Lead's first responsibility is to assist the Bakery Manager in providing leadership in the bakery by training, directing and managing bakery Team Members. The Artisan Bread Lead will also assist the Bakery Manager with the ordering of materials and supplies, inventory, implementing all sanitation, cost and quality control programs and directing and coordinating the work of others. The lead must prepare all scratch artisan bread products in accordance with the prescribed recipes and procedures.Job Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Exhibits a love of food through words and actions.
Exhibits an enjoyment of people and the ability to approach and talk to customers about food.
- Receive food ingredients and supplies from the dry ingredient, frozen ingredient and packaging storage areas as required for daily operations.
Understands all the ingredients and purpose of each used in manufacturing baked goods.
- Understands the complete Artisan bread and roll process starting with the individual ingredients, mixing, and fermentation, molding/forming, proofing and baking.
Weighs and scales ingredients, mixes ingredients, deposits batters or dough, make up or molds dough or batters, proofing of yeast baked goods and baking using a full range of baking methods; checking and testing bake goods for a quality finish bake.
- Finishes and displays baked breads, rolls, croissants, etc and replenishes service lines as necessary.
Completes production sheets and other records as required.
Manage ingredients, finished goods, and controllable inventories by taking actual weekly and monthly inventories and tracking inventory reports.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors departmental budgets.
Assigns, coordinates and evaluates work of bakery Team Members by writing schedules, preparation list, listing baking times as well as Team Member feedback evaluations so the product can meet or exceed the customer's requirements and promote efficiency of operations and maximize company profits.
- Use and teach EATEC procedures to order product and track and monitor sales to drive the profitability of the business and maximize the product mix.
Detect and ensure disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment and any other unusual conditions.
- Maintains clean work area, utensils and equipment.
Maintain a safe working environment with the highest regard for co-workers and customers.
- Attend and interact with employee/customer issues.
Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
Other Functions at Management Discretion.
- May maintain daily department conditions, cleanliness of display cases and sales floor, delegates a number of fixed activities.
Processes work assignment sheets and responsible for delegation and follow-up of tasks.
Understand how to break down and clean all basic equipment.
Understand all Federal, state and county sanitation standards and polices.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year
- 6 mos to 1 years baking 3-5 years in Bakery field Solid understanding of the Bakery field Knowledge of Market District Customer Service Requirements Must be 18 years of age
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in related field
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Lang Oven
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Conventional Oven
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor