BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Bakery Managers are responsible for managing the Bakery Department operation to enhance customer satisfaction and to achieve sales and profitability goals, direct the work of the team members assigned to the bakery. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Always maintaining compliance with all company policies and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation, merchandising and food quality
- Supervising, developing, training and managing Bakery Department Team Members
- Ensuring Members First service is being provided at all hours of the Club’s operation
- Forecasting product needs; ordering pricing and coding produtc; fulfilling members' orders
- Maintaining proper inventory levels; merchandise displays;
- Order supplies and equipment, complete required paperwork and conducting inventories
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school degree
- Formal food service vocational education preferred
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of merchandising of perishable products
- Strong communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a perishable department in a Supermarket or equivalent type of operation
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.