- Conducts suspicious activity monitoring on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis as applicable, using software and ad-hoc reporting.
- Verifies the completion of related documents relative to the BSA such as Questionable Activity Reports, etc.
- Conducts research and processes requests specific to 314(a) and 314(b).
- Obtains, researches, and processes confidential information.
- Maintains CDD and EDD data in software; updates information as necessary and adjusts monitoring accordingly as it pertains to changes in the data and development of the High Risk List.
- Responds timely to inquiries and conducts all necessary research to resolve BSA-related issues and concerns.
- Reviews reports in the automated transaction surveillance system to look for indicators of suspicious activity, terrorist financing and money laundering.
- Provides assistance, supports and responds to questions and information needed by personnel regarding the BSA, OFAC, and suspicious activity.
- Conducts and assists with the disposition of OFAC and other sanctions lists screening results.
- Reports to the BSA Officer/Compliance Manager and provides support in regard to maintaining compliance with the BSA, timely reporting and compliance with information retention requirements.
- Keeps management informed of trends and any significant issues.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, Business, Finance, Accounting or commensurate experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 years experience with BSA/AML monitoring and investigations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to assimilate into a useful format.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate on the Internet.
- Proficiency in BSA/AML suspicious activity monitoring software
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other BSA/AML-related certification.