Provide courteous, efficient beverage service to guests while maintaining proper pour control and alcohol awareness.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous beverage service to guests ensuring proper mixology, portion control and content information to guests.
- Practice full alcohol awareness as to the levels of guest alcohol consumption and make decision as to continued service and consumption.
- When necessary courteously and discreetly (as possible) cut-off guests from further service and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly enforce ID compliance to ensure legal age requirements for service and consumption are met.
- Make sure bar operation is set up and ready to open on time.
- Make sure bar operation makes “last call” and stops serving at the proper time.
- Order liquor following established procedure on a daily basis per shift assignment.
- Provide dining room service bar to Food & Beverage Servers for beverage orders.
- Maintain sanitation standards for the bar area.
- Perform side work for bar as assigned per shift including stocking of supplies.
- Perform all cashier duties using the Aloha system including; ringing up sales collecting cash, credit card, or room charge; tracking Server sales; making shift deposit.
- Handle all guest complaints to best of ability and circumstance as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 19 years of age to serve alcohol in the state of Arizona.
- Previous experience bartending with the ability to provide prompt, courteous service and properly interact with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Previous experience with applying and firmly enforcing Arizona State liquor laws, as well as willingness to apply Xanterra Tusayan, LLC liquor policies and National Park Service requirements.
- Must be able to successfully complete company sponsored alcohol awareness class and applies methods learned to guest situations.
- Previous experience handling cash transactions, including guest, Cocktail Server and Food & Beverage Server transactions.
- Previous experience with the Aloha POS system is a plus.
- Able to follow portion pour procedures for all beverages served.
- Able to lift and change out fifteen gallon beer kegs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.