The Service Bartender at the Grand Depot Café provides courteous, efficient beverage service to guests and servers while maintaining proper pour control and alcohol awareness.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous beverage service to guests ensuring proper mixology, portion control and content information to guests.
- Practice full alcohol awareness as to the levels of guest alcohol consumption and make decision as to continued service and consumption.
- When necessary courteously and discreetly (as possible) cut-off guests from further service and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly enforce ID compliance to ensure legal age requirements for service and consumption are met.
- Make sure bar operation is set up and ready to open on time.
- Make sure bar operation makes “last call” and stops serving at the proper time.
- Stock product and perform side work following established procedure on a daily basis per shift assignment.
- Provide dining room service bar to Food & Beverage Servers for beverage orders.
- Maintain sanitation standards for the bar area.
- Perform cashier duties as needed using the Micros system including; ringing up sales collecting cash, credit card, or room charge; tracking Server sales; making shift deposit.
- May be required to perform duties of Buffet Server as needed and assigned by the manager on duty.
- Handle all guest complaints to best of ability and circumstance as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous bartending experience with alcohol awareness training is preferred.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.