At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
Wells Fargo is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are decentralized so every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeeds financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 269,000 team members in 36 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Corporate Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results; manages the company’s balance sheet, including liquidity and funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy. Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The Regulatory and Basel Reporting team (RBR) is responsible for timely and accurate regulatory filings. This work effort includes application of Basel Standardized RWA (Call Report RC-R, FR Y-9C HC-R and Y-14Q Schedule D) reporting instructions, collection of data necessary to populate reports, and understanding of trends and variances in reporting line items.
Wells Fargo’s Regulatory and Basel Reporting team (RBR) is responsible for filing regulatory reports with numerous regulatory agencies and currently has many ongoing projects related to the enterprise-wide implementation of data management and the COSO-based governance and oversight framework. RBR is looking for a reporting consultant to join its team to prepare, review and analyze the Standardized Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) components that are included in the Call Report RC-R, FR Y-9C HC-R and Y-14Q Schedule D reporting schedules. This key analytical role will also support earnings estimate process and management information critical to communicating are capital position and related key ratios. In addition to the core reporting responsibilities, this key function will also support related process improvement and implementation initiatives. This position will be coordinating with key partners including the line of business data providers to deliver timely and accurate reports. The Basel Reporting Senior Analyst will directly communicate with management, business line controllers, and banking regulators, including the Federal Reserve Board and FDIC providing prompt reporting status and appropriate responses to questions / enquiries.
The ability to quickly learn and adapt to the fast-paced and ever-changing regulatory reporting environment is a key requirement. Leading and developing best practices to ensure the Basel Reporting process is well-controlled and sustainable is also a fundamental requirement. This includes working with remote staff based on the RBR global reporting model. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being an independent self-starter, capable of working efficiently to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtain and maintain SME knowledge of the Basel Standardized RWA methodology and related impacted regulatory reports including Call Report RC-R, FR Y-9C HC-R and FR Y-14Q Schedule D
- Perform and develop new validations, reconciliations, checks, period over period variance analysis and other analytics to ensure adherence of the reports to the regulatory instructions and guidelines
- Support the earnings estimate process to compile estimates of the regulatory ratios for internal management reporting
- Partner with Corporate Accounting Policy, LOB Controllers and the Regulatory Interpretations Team to ensure that consistent adherence to regulatory rules including assessment of scheduled changes.
- Be part of key projects to support the RBR Reporting Team in meeting the changing and heightened expectation of regulatory reporting requirements. This includes supporting deliverables for key strategic Enterprise Finance projects.
- Implement change management effectively communicating regulatory reporting changes to all stakeholders to ensure appropriate implementation of new or revised regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with requirements under the Company’s Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework including desktop procedures, work papers, and EUCT controls for the assigned regulatory reports; provide guidance and support to the department in completion of all required deliverables.
- Provide input to impact of reporting deficiencies; communicate and facilitate the discussion with line of business reporting team for resolution; track and document the resolution implementation cycle from report owner perspectives. Follow the established amendments framework as required.
- Updated and creating pseudo code for regulatory reports
- Support ad-hoc report request for reporting analysis and issue investigation.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 2+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- 1+ year of SQL experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- 2+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Big four public accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Basel III reporting
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with SQL, Essbase and data analysis experience with ability to handle large volumes of data sets from different sources systems
- Understanding of BASEL III capital rules and previous Regulatory reporting experience in the preparation of various US Regulatory Reports such as FR Y-9C, Call Report, FFIEC 101 or CCAR 14Q/M/A schedules
- Self-starter and ability to work high degree of independence
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and ability create /maintain complex spreadsheets.
- Risk and Control awareness with familiarity to COSO framework
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.