Primary responsibilityis to Take Excellent Care Of Our Customers by satisfying each customer's needs and exceeding their expectations. This requires a defined level of product knowledge, food preparation skills, sales ability, customer relations skills, and cooperation with fellow associates to create An Incredible Place To Work and Shop. Responsible for assisting customers in the selection and purchase of beer and wine. Stocking products according to Beer/Wine Standards, cleaning work areas, providing customer service, and unloading stock. Customers are among Harris Teeter's most valuable assets. Every associate represents Harris Teeter to our customers and the public. The way associates perform their jobs presents an image of the entire Company. Customers judge Harris Teeter by how they are treated each time they have contact with an associate. Therefore, one of the top business priorities is to assist any customer or potential customer. Nothing is more important than being courteous, friendly, helpful, and prompt in the attention given to customers. Harris Teeter will provide training to all associates who have extensive customer contact. If a customer wishes to make a specific comment or complaint that you cannot resolve, you are required to direct that person to the department manager or manager-on-duty for appropriate action. Remember that all contacts with the public in person, over the telephone, and through any communication reflect not only on an individual associate but on Harris Teeter as a whole. Positive customer relations will not only enhance the public's image of Harris Teeter, but also pay off in greater customer loyalty and increased sales and profit. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Initiate interaction with customers on the sales floor. Ask the customers questions regarding their shopping needs. Provide customers information needed to meet their taste and meal requirements. Follow through on customer requests.
- Your job performance is required to demonstrate the highest level of customer service. Never be rude to a customer under any circumstance.
- Follow through on customer requests. If you cannot say "yes" to a customer's request, bring in department management or the manager-on-duty. Never turn down business.
- Make eye contact with and smile at every customer.
- Speak to customers in a genuine, clear, and enthusiastic manner and ask if they found everything they were looking for.
Associates must be at least 21 years of age.PERSONAL SKILLS. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates of the organization who only speak English. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement. REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Complete Company's training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, food sanitation, customer service network, safety, food safety, and product knowledge. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Repetition- Frequently- near constant work
Weight =Up to 10 lbs
Repetition- Intermittently- up to several times an hour;
Weight =Up to 30 lbs
Repetition- Occasionally- up to several times a shift;
Weight =Up to 60 lbs The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has published guidelines for safe lifting. Based on those, Harris Teeter requires our associates to obtain assistance from a second associate ("team lifting") when lifting any case or object weighing 50lbs or greater. Harris Teeter also recognizes that some associates may need to obtain assistance with weights under 50lbs, and encourages team lifts for any weight that an associate feels uncomfortable lifting by themselves. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, intermittently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 60 pounds, and reaches from 6-72 inches. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and depth perception.
ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, or cold conditions and moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
. To perform the job successfully, an individual is required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Informs management at least 2 hours before shift begins when going to be late or absent from work.
- Customer Service - Provides exceptional customer service even in difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of Company EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds Company values.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a respectful manner.
- Interpersonal Skills - Is never rude; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves personal goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication - Speaks English clearly and persuasively in positive, negative, and in emergency or other situations in which individuals must speak a common language to promote safety; Listens and gets clarification; Responds appropriately to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively in English; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret English-written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves concerns in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and own responsibilities; Is open to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills; Shares job knowledge with others.