All positions at Lucky’s Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Wine & Beer Clerk position is responsible for assisting customers as needed and maintains a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Wine & Beer Department while stocking and facing all products in the wine and beer department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain excellent retail operational standards throughout the department.
- Acknowledge, greet, and provide exemplary service in a timely manner.
- Ensure signs and prices are accurate.
- Create a schedule that maximizes efficiency, customer service and team wellness.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized shopping and work area that complies with state health and safety codes.
- Assist with established inventories for fiscal reporting.
- Stocks Wine & Beer department; includes facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Wine & Beer Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
- Ensures cleanliness of wine and beer aisles, storage area and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
- Monitors the rotation of all Wine & Beer Department products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred experience in Beer, Wine and Liquor retail and Beer, Wine & Liquor department processes and procedures.
- Must be TIPS Certified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must understand proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and appropriate shelf life of Beer, Wine and Beer.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a Beer, Wine and Beer retail environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and use box cutters.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with staff.
- Ability to enter the Beer cooler thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.