Primary Location: United States-CA-CACulver City
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Behavior Analyst with California MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people. We are currently searching for a Full-Time Behavior Analyst to join our team based in Culver City, CA. We teach classes, create behavior assessments and plans for parents, and coach parents in their homes to learn how to change their behavior so that their child’s behavior changes.
Description Job Responsibilities• Conduct structured assessment interviews with parents/care providers.• Conduct observation of the individual in appropriate setting such as home, school, or community.• Develop and maintain working relationships with Regional Center Service Coordinators and other staff members.• Write and submit assessment and termination reports on each consumer.• Write and submit daily progress notes, weekly logs, and monthly reports regarding consumers and operations of the program in a timely manner.• Schedule and keep scheduled appointments to conduct in home behavioral intervention.• Attend all staff meetings and department meetings necessary to perform the job.• Monitor cases and initiate termination/transition process when appropriate.• Conduct groups and teach classes on behavior as assigned by the Program Manager.• Ensure assessments are being scheduled on a regular basis.
Qualifications: Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s with BCBA certification preferred, in an appropriate filed of study or a minimum of 3-5 years experience in behavioral management. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish, written and verbal
- Ability to solve problems, be self-motivated, able to build rapport with families, and facilitate communication.
- Current driver’s license, car registration and auto insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification required in some states.