Primary Location: United States-OR-ORPortland
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
MENTOR Oregon is seeking a Behavior Specialist to implement the treatment plan for individuals with I/DD, who experience emotional and behavioral challenges by providing individual and/or group support and intervention.
MENTOR Oregon is an abuse aware agency.
We believe in transparent communication with our dedicated and passionate team members while celebrating differences, achievements, lessons learned and change.
Description This individual will complete assessments and evaluations, develop a plan and teach based on the assessment. The Behavior Specialist will be responsible for leading regularly scheduled staff trainings including OIS (Oregon Intervention Systems) classes and may also assist with the intake process as needed.
This individual will be based in the Portland area and will work with clients participating in our various programs across the metro area.
For MENTOR Oregon, a Behavior Specialist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Behavior Specialist role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- HS Diploma and six years experience providing positive behavior supports OR
- Bachelor's Degree in human services field and three years experience providing positive behavior supports OR
- Master's degree in human services field and one year of experience providing positive behavior supports OR
- BCBA and one year of experience providing positive behavior supports
- Documented training in behavior modification techniques required
- Minimum of two years experience in behavioral management role required
- Current designation as a Certified OIS (Oregon Intervention Systems) Instructor or willingness and ability to obtain designation as an OIS Instructor with training provided by the organization.
What we offer you:
Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
Paid training; Holiday pay
Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
Career development and advancement opportunities
Access to employee discounts with various vendors
A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
MENTOR Oregon supports adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities through a range of individualized programs across the state. MENTOR Oregon is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!