Primary Location: IN-INColumbus-HR/IN Columbus, Bartholomew
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Indiana Mentor is seeking a Behavioral Analyst to serve the Columbus and surrounding areas. We offer a supportive team environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family-oriented culture to complement our benefits package.About Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network: Indiana MENTOR offers home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental health challenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury. With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range of residential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual as well as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individual to be as independent as possible.
A Behavior Analyst will implement the treatment plan for our individuals by providing individual and/or group support and intervention. May perform assessments and evaluations, then develop a plan and teach based on the assessment. May also assist with the intake process.Responsibilities:
- Completes structured assessment interviews with parents/care providers. Conducts observation of the individual in appropriate settings such as home, school, or community.
- Reviews social history information, completes functional assessments, and targets appropriate behavior base line information for each referred client.
- Writes and submits summary of assessment and recommended behavior support plan components to interdisciplinary team (IDT) or program manager as applicable.
- Ensures behavior support plans and support services provided are in compliance with Individual Plans, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Encourages continuous, age appropriate, active treatment and learning opportunities for individuals served.
- Advocates for the human rights and civil rights of individuals receiving services from the agency by attending and presenting behavior support plan information to human rights and other review committees.
- Supports and trains staff in implementing behavior intervention plans and conducts classes and orientations as assigned by the program director. Attends staff meetings and interdisciplinary team meetings, as applicable.
- Monitors assigned cases and initiates termination/transition process when appropriate. Ensures optimal caseload is maintained.
- Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete. Submits monthly documentation to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local contacts, other professionals, and staff members.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
- Paid Training at hire and throughout employment
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
- Master's degree in psychology, social work, special education or related field.
- One year experience working with special populations in crisis intervention, staff training and development.
- Experience in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or interest in formal training in ABA preferred