You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
This position is both field-based (approximately 30%) and telephonic. When in the field you may be going into homes, facilities, etc. to meet with beneficiaries. When not in the field, this is a telecommute / work from home position. This position covers the greater Nashville, TN area and surrounding counties.
If you are located in Nashville, TN or the surrounding counties, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determine appropriate levels of care
- Administer benefits, review treatment plans, and coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling with 2+ years post-Masters experience in a Behavioral Health role; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health. License must be current and unrestricted in the state of Tennessee
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Ability to travel in designated territory
- Reside in state of Tennessee
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Designated work space from home
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience in a field-based position
- 3+ years of behavioral health experience
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day – and where every day is another opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Case Management, Social Work, Social Worker, Counseling, LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, RN, Registered Nurse, Masters, Substance Abuse, Tennessee, TN, Nashville