As a Behavioral Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in Nebraska, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Focusing on initial concurrent reviews for higher levels of care, ie: Inpatient, Residential and Partial hospital admissions
- Inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients via telephone
- Making patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment. Facility Based Care Advocates only work with providers for outpatient request prior to discharge from inpatient, residential and partial levels of care
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Managing inpatient and outpatient (Intermediate levels of care, ie: Residential and Partial) mental health/substance abuse cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Overseeing the facility based care experience
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health.
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2 years post-Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with the Medicare population
- Residence within a commutable distance of the office location in Omaha, Nebraska, is highly preferred
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.