You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan. This position is a Telecommute / Work from home position in Evanston, Wyoming.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work from home if you live within a commutable to Evanston, Wyoming as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform utilization management, utilization review, or concurrent review (on-site or telephonic inpatient care management
- Determine medical appropriateness of inpatient and outpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Work with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translate concepts into practice
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide others
- Act as a resource for others with less experience
- Independently Licensed Master's Degree level clinician in: Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage & Family Counseling; or Licensed Ph.D. or Licensed PsyD. Licensure must be current and unrestricted in the state of Wyoming
- 3+ years of Managed Care and / or Clinical experience
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word
- Ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, onsite, to client locations in Evanston, WY
- Pre-authorization experience
- Utilization Management experience
- Case Management experience
- Knowledge of Milliman Criteria
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: care advocate, utilization review, utilization management, concurrent review, prior authorization, behavioral health, mental health substance abuse, Wyoming