Due to our ongoing business relationship with the County of San Diego, Optum Behavioral Solutions has an immediate need for a Care Advocate. As the successful candidate you will focus on inpatient authorizations for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients.
- Making patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Managing inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Licensed Master's degree clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Counseling, or a Licensed Ph.D. / PsyD; or an RN with 2+ years behavioral experience
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the State of California
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency specifically with MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to the County of San Diego’s electronic health record, Anasazi
- Experience in a managed care setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Knowledge of the Medi-Cal system
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Previous experience in a telephonic role
- Strong data entry skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.