You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Managing and administering inpatient behavioral health benefits
- Reviewing clinical assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Determining if additional clinical services are needed
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various levels of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff on those ideas
- Identify appropriate community based services for discharge planning as indicated
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the State of North Carolina
- 2+ years experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with commercial lines of business
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LP, LCSW, MFT, LPC, LCPC, RN, registered nurse, North Carolina, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home