Behavioral Health Care Advocate - Portland, OR
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
Managed care experience is strongly preferred. Clinical license required.
- Manage all facility based admissions for mental health and substance abuse through the continuum of care
- Effectively collaborate with treating providers and facilities to ensure consumers are receiving treatment in line with best practice and level of care guidelines
- Effectively communicate with consumers about their benefit coverage and provide appropriate resources and referrals
- Make decision about appropriate levels of care based on medical necessity guidelines
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D or a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral / mental health
- Active, independent, unrestricted license in behavioral health
- Facility based mental / substance abuse experience
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work effectively within in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Looking for candidates who are passionate about building their career. Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day - and where every day is another opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UM, LCSW, Social Work, mental health, behavioral health, MFT, clinical, managed care, psychiatric, Utilization management, behavioral health assessment, behavioral health consultant, Portland, OR, Oregon