You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Candidates must live within the greater Maricopa or Pima Counties to be considered for this position. This is a work from home / telecommute position, but will require some field-based travel within these regions (up to 50%).
As a Behavioral Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for care advocacy of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in Maricopa or Pima County Arizona, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assessing inpatient, residential, and partial treatment needs based on Level of Care Guidelines
- Independent management of daily caseloads, collaborating with other clinicians and MD's
- Coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Coordination of care for members with behavioral health needs
- Collaborate with provider and facilities as applicable
- Coordinate and collaborate needs with other individuals within local team including roles such as Community Health Workers, RN’s and Social Workers
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health. Licenses must be independent, active, and unrestricted
- 2+ years of behavioral health experience
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Reside in the greater Maricopa or Pima County, AZ areas
- Reliable transportation and the ability to accommodate field-based travel within the designated service delivery area (up to 50%)
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with special care needs patient population (emotionally disturbed, autism, developmentally disabled, foster care, etc.)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LP, LCSW, MFT, LPCC, RN, registered nurse, Medicaid, Phoenix, Tucson, Maricopa, Pima, AZ, Arizona