You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
If you are located in Seattle, WA you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for ensuring contractual requirements related to the clinical delivery system are met
- Attend local and state meetings related to clinical delivery system (MH & SUD)
- Act in the capacity of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the administration of mental health and substance use disorder services
- Coordinate with allied systems
- Analyze trends and provide leadership to address system gaps or other system needs/issues
- Identify and examine system gaps and other determinants of readmission to higher levels of care facilities
- Support outcome-focused, evidenced-based best practices and guidelines with providers
- Establish and maintain professional working relations with referral sources, community resources, and care providers and be able to identify and communicate network gaps to appropriate resources
- Understand benefits in compliance with plan inclusions, limitations, and State/Federal mandates
- Represents WA IMC in various administrative meetings with state officials and other entities involved in the provision and monitoring of services
- Maintains knowledge of current legislation and State and Federal administrative codes
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.
- 7+ years of experience in behavioral health/substance use disorders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Reliable transportation with the ability to accommodate some field-based travel within the service delivery area (up to 25%)
- 3+ years of experience working with statewide SUD Administration
- Experience administering/implementing Medicaid program
- Demonstrated competence in clinical care management, strong leadership and organization skills; interpretation of State and federal laws and regulations relevant to the substance use program area.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, best and promising practice methods and procedures and strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Previous experience working in a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Familiarity of publically funded healthcare and social service systems and Medicaid eligible or enrolled populations
- Familiarity with recovery and resiliency model
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience with the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual and best practice standards for treatment
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public and commercial behavioral health service delivery systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.