You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
Assesses and treats behavioral health issues impacting individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD).in a variety of environments, including private homes and community-based residential settings. Provide in-home, short term clinical therapeutic services to adults with identified mental health needs. Provides assessment of social services and supports referral and acquisition of social and behavioral services. Serve as a behavioral health consultant and partner to a high performing team of physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, and/or behavior analysts who provide collaborative team-based care in the community. Services are provided with a client-centered approach and are delivered through intensive, short-term, solution-focused interventions that are proven, effective interventions for individuals with IDD.
The Behavioral Health Support Specialist provides expertise in resource acquisition to address social and functional needs as well as intensive clinical therapeutic services to adults with IDD and co-occurring mental health conditions. This service is designed to meet the holistic needs of the individual and can be provided in the home, residential setting, or other approved/appropriate community setting. Both resource acquisition and short-term therapeutic intervention services are designed to improve overall quality of life for the individual and engagement with formal and informal support systems.
If you are located in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville or Columbia area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Social Work (MSW) program or other Behavioral Health graduate degree that prepares an individual to provide independent therapy services
- Social work based license that supports independent practice of therapy
- 3+ years’ experience working with individuals with severe mental illness, complex social/behavioral needs, and/or challenging living situations
- 2+ years’ experience in a case management or equivalent community-based role
- Knowledge of, and experience with, behavioral health services, psychotropic medications, and therapeutic interventions to manage symptoms
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel up to 50% for face to face meeting with members in the middle part of TN and the surrounding areas
- 3+ years' experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Experience in diagnosis and assessment using the DSM-5
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: behavior analysis, behavioral health, mental health, MSW, LMSW, LCSW, LISW, LMHC, Long-Term Services and Support, LTSS, Medicaid, Long term care, Behavior Support, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, ID, Case Management, care coordination, Home and Community-Based Services, Functional Analysis Screening Tool, FAST, HCBS, Middle Tennessee, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, Columbia, TN, Tennessee