As a Product Director, you will be vital to our success and drive future growth. In this role you will provide leadership in the management and development of Behavioral Health You will be empowered to do your best to develop the strategy and vision for product roadmaps, establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, gather accurate requirements and evaluate product performance to enhance our mission of helping people live healthier lives.
If you are located in Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Think strategically, and creatively, about how the consumer experience should work – translating a vision to processes and requirements by focusing on contractual requirements including access to and delivery of Behavioral Health Services with emphasis on the importance of integration of care.
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment
- Support the development of market strategies and value proposition
- Assist with forecasting revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives
- Serve as the behavioral health clinical lead to the customer, state and community stakeholders
- Define and develop local market performance against contractual, clinical and fiscal targets
- Manage cross-segment projects and initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing, including clinical, operational, network, reporting and fiscal teams
- Adapt Behavioral Health plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences innovation across teams to ensure aligned, cohesive progress across technology, marketing and service operations
- Responsible for oversight, tracking and reporting clinical requirements and performance standards set by the customer and the state
- Establish strategic priorities for Benefit Expense Management, and overall affordability initiatives
- Collect and deliver required clinical operations customer reporting as well as develop action plans to address performance issues
- Identify and analyze local market trends, service gaps and the development of mitigation strategies aligned with our strategic priorities
- Demonstrates an effective, adaptive leadership style that promotes innovation, accountability and establishes work priorities
- Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years of leading projects in a matrixed environment
- Experience in healthcare, Medicaid or Behavioral Health experience required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (min of 3 years’ experience)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Clinical Degree and/or Advanced Degree
- Medicaid experience preferred
- Prior experience making oral presentations preferred
- Thorough understanding of managed care principles, models and financing required with a minimum of two years of experience working in a corporate managed health care environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience in public sector mental health or non-profit community mental health, with knowledge of Medicaid populations
- Experience in a recovery-oriented delivery system greatly preferred
- Data analysis background and report writing capability
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
Make your mark today. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Medicaid, Behavioral Health, contract implementation