Behavioral Health Technician
Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZPhoenix
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? The heart of what we do is support adults with serious mental illness. Bring your compassion and we’ll train you on the rest!
As a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP) with Arizona MENTOR, you will support the individuals we serve in residential settings to live as independently as possible.
We seek empathetic employees to enable our residents to achieve their activities of daily living in a 24 hour living situation:
- Assist, support, and teach individuals with general life skills
- Partner with clinical staff in providing supports
- Support therapeutic and behavioral plans
- Assist with self-administration of medication
- Assist with meal preparation and planning
- Facilitate community participation
- Accompanying individuals on outings in the community
- Providing transportation to work or other activities
- For those employees meeting the qualifications for BHT, you will conduct a minimum of one individual counseling session and one group counseling session per week.
We have both Behavioral Health Technician and Behavioral Health Paraprofessional openings, we encourage all interested applicants to apply.
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Proof of High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or college degree
- For BHT must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or sociology OR
- Associate’s degree with 2 years of verifiable experience working with Individuals with SMI OR
- High School diploma (or GED) with 4 years of verifiable experience working with Individuals with SMI
- Must pass TB test and physical (costs paid by Arizona MENTOR)
- A background check will be conducted for this position leading to a valid Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card
- Valid AZ driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Approximately 32 hours of mandatory paid training sessions offered to new employees prior to providing care to individuals. Sessions are held Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
We welcome Walk-In Applicants: Every Friday, 9am-2pm2700 N. 3rd St., Ste. 4000 Phoenix, AZ 85004
Arizona MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, is a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!