You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Ensuring delivery of cost effective quality care that incorporates recovery, resiliency and person-centered services
Responsible for Level of Care guidelines and utilization management protocols
Responsible for oversight and management, along with the Clinical Director and Clinical Program Director, utilization review, management and care coordination activities
Provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, oversee the management of services at all levels of care in the benefit plan.
Keep current regarding Evidence Based Practices and treatment philosophies including those that address Recovery and Resilience.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis and strong organizational skills necessary
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist post residency strongly preferred
- Sub specialty in Child & Adolescent or Addiction Psychiatry a plus
- Prior Managed care experience a plus
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector services
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medicaid population
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.