The Bell Attendant is a seaonal position responsible for providing exceptional bell service to guests as well as other assigned duties to facilitate guest service and efficient management of the hotel.
- Provide bell service to guests by taking luggage to and from room, including tour groups and individual guest parties or as directed by Executive Housekeeper and/or Front Desk.
- Assist tour drivers and/or tour escorts as necessary with baggage schedule, special requests, etc.
- Attend to tour group luggage delivery and pick up in a timely manner, ensuring proper procedures for handling tour luggage are followed in detail.
- Assist the Front Desk in delivering messages, running errands, providing information and directions to facilitate guest’s needs.
- Stock storage closets with clean linens and guest room amenities.
- Complete scheduled inventory of mission linens and guest room amenities as required.
- Clear hallways of soiled linens, pool towels, trash, recycle waste and deposit in appropriate bin or dumpster.
- Deliver and/or gather all rollaway beds and used cribs and ensure equipment is placed in the correct closets.
- Assist the Common Area Attendants in maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby areas, entrances and other public areas of the hotel facilities.
- Take outgoing mail to the mail box and retrieve incoming mail. Place all received shipments in the appropriate storage.
- Unlock (AM shift) or Lock (PM shift) the pool and exercise rooms.
- Adhere to all Xanterra Grand Canyon Railway lost and found procedures.
- Check luggage, packs, etc. in bell storage area and maintain security of items in storage.
- Complete all Bell Attendant paperwork and submit to Executive Housekeeper or Front Desk.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies management as necessary.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as required while performing job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of rooms and hotel layout on GCR property, including general knowledge of Xanterra Grand Canyon Railway guest services with the ability to convey information to the guests.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without close supervision.
- Willingness to help out in all areas of the housekeeping department to facilitate services to guests and efficient management of the hotel.
- Possess valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions to ensure proper delivery and pickup of guest baggage.
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.