External Job Posting** Candidates must be willing to relocate within the district for a position **
Shopko's growing, and we're looking for a Bench Assistant Store Manager with retail leadership experience and strong business, leadership and people skills to join our Midwest Region team.
As the Assistant Manager at Shopko, you will be in charge of our top priority: Serving our Customers better than any other retailer.
We strive to accomplish this goal as individuals and as members of a team, not only in our stores, but throughout the communities we serve. This innovative approach means a career with Shopko is rewarding to your life, community, and career.
The Assistant Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the store to meet all operational and merchandising objectives. They are instrumental in teaching and modeling Shopko's high standards of quality, safety, and customer service.
We are proud to offer:
• A company-wide combined effort to succeed
• A creative, resourceful and synergistic atmosphere
• Variety, stability and autonomy
• A culture that upholds the value and respect of each individual
• Career development opportunities and clear paths for advancement
• Pragmatic, supportive and accessible leadership
• A collaborative energy that sustains our passion for what we do every day
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant business field or equivalent experience and 3 years of leadership experience in an equivalent retail environment.
• Proven ability to lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse teammate population.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions.
• Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize financial reports.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
• Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
• General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer; working knowledge of Excel and Word and a scheduling tool such as Resource Management.
• Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the stores.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.